The whole Royal wedding had me in a tizzy, so our first stop on our Europe adventure was London! My entire life (well since 6 years ago when I first went), Rome had been my favorite city, but after going to London, I think it tops the list. It is amazing!
This place is very beautiful, we stayed by the london bridge, so of course when we first got there we had to walk across the historic bridge, we also walked across the harry potter bridge. From there we walked the entire city. There was so much to see in the city that we didn't want to take the Tube and miss something. We started with the Tower of london, then headed over to the parliament buildings and the royal court of justice. I swear after seeing the royal courts of justice, it puts our court houses to shame!!!! I want to practice at the royal courts of justice. Maybe I should get licensed in London? Fabulous idea!
Of course we had to see buckingham palace. We were lucky enough that we got to see the changing of the guard. That was a little dull. haha The brits need to learn to put on a good show! Although their outfits were wonderful to look at, and it's true they will not look you in the eyes. They remain very focused. It was hilarious. Since I had royal wedding fever, we went to Westminister Abbey. Unfortunately it was closed because it was Sunday. Um...do you think that was going to stop me? Ya right. We decided we would go to church. hahah. It was amazing to see people lined on the pews singing and hearing the echo throughout the church. It is SO beautiful! And I won't lie, I was little jealous of Kate Middleton getting married there.
Because of my background in the financial world, we had to walk through the financial district. Amazing! I just pictured myself living there and taking the tube to work, dressed in a suit, talking in a fabulous british accent. Jake definitely thought I was crazy, but I could picture us living there forever! You can't miss going on the eye either. That was amazing! You can see all of London at the top of it. We went at night as well so it was very romantic! Although it is a little bit of a rip off, it is so worth it to go on it once.
Despite backpacking through Europe (imagine me with one backpack on a European vacation for 2 weeks, it was a little difficult to pack), I was not going to miss the opportunity to shop like the brits do. We stopped at Harrods first. This place is ridiculous. I could probably live in that place. It would take me a week to go through the entire department store in my normal leisurely shopping way. And then I couldn't miss topshop either. Picture H & M, but in the UK, that is topshop! I LOVE it! Plus everyone in London has amazing fashion sense. All of the women were wearing boots and leggings. I of course bought two pairs of fabulous boots while we were there. I love all the boots! My whole goal while we were there was to look like a local. Mission accomplished! Someone asked me for directions. I was stoked. The best part was that I pointed them in the right direction. Yep, I could easily live in London.
Jake, however, wasn't as in love as I was, his take on it was - it's cold and too expensive. However, he absolutely loved the tube and train system, and this is the best part: he loved that everyone said cheerio and that it wasn't used as a breakfast cereal.



0 comments:
Post a Comment