Our next stopping point was Amsterdam! We had a "train layover" in Belgium. I am so glad we did not stop and stay in Belgium. They were all a bunch of douche bags! They hate americans (although that is getting more common in Europe), they were extremely rude. It was much worse than the french, and they are known for their douchiness to Americans. Although we met some hilariously drunk people on the train from Belgium to the Netherlands. They were Americans as well, and were backpacking through Europe but their entire point of the trip was to get as drunk as possible as long as possible.
Once we got to Amsterdam, it was a different story! I love this place! The canals and all of the bridges make it such a picturesque place to be! When we got to our room, I had to laugh. There was a sign that said "no weed allowed", yet our room smelled of weed so bad! I swear I got high just breathing in the air.
Jake loved Amsterdam. Of course he has been here before with his family after he graduated from high school. Jake is Dutch so he loved to see his heritage. He still has some family back there, and we tried to get in touch with them but unfortunately we were unable to make it work. His thoughts on Amsterdam were: happy he got to use some dutch. He walked around in amazement that everyone looked like him. He loved all of the tan gorgeous women riding their bikes in the freezing cold. haha, what guy wouldn't? It was colder than great britian, but it was worth it because of the pastries and bake goods. particularly the waffles. However, we found the big dutch shoe, and Jake refused to sit in it. I was so mad! It would have been such a funny pic!



0 comments:
Post a Comment