Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Classes are over!! After class on Tuesday we headed up to Morgan Hill to spend thanksgiving with Jake's family. We really enjoy going up there and spending time with them. Jake especially loves it now that his dad has a boat. This crazy boy of mine went on the boat in 40 degree temperatures. He at least had a wetsuit on and enjoyed himself but he still can't move his fingers. I think he will be paying for it for a while! Steve and Bryce were the smart ones and didn't even get in. Nikki and I opted for shopping and pedicures. We were adventurous and got blue toes. I even threw in a little holiday cheer with candy canes and snow on my toes. They are very cute! Being the slacker that i am, I didn't get any pictures of this weekend. I really need to get better at the whole picture taking thing.

We went up to Jakes aunts house in Merced for the dinner. The food was good, but the pie was amazing. I'm one of those people that doesn't eat a lot of mashed potatoes or turkey. I save myself for the pie. Jake is the opposite, normally it is a competition to see how much he can eat that day. At least this year he didn't make himself too sick.

Jake and I headed home on Saturday to a long week ahead of us. However, this is the first time since we moved here that I actually felt like I was coming home. I love it. I'm truly a Californian now! Now, Jake heads off to slc and Vegas for a couple weeks and I have finals ahead of me. I've never freaked out about tests before, but I've also never had one test be worth 90 percent of my grade. I'm definitely nervous!! To help me prepare I am deactivating my Facebook account until they are over. Hopefully that will help me eliminate those breaks and slacker moments. I might even drink coke for the next couple weeks to give me energy! Haha. Wish me luck for some tough days ahead!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved having you here! Your sheets are washed and ready for you to come back! Your going to do great on your finals! Soon your long awaited break will be here! Go blue toes!

Kranendonk Family said...

Sounds like it was fun! I laughed at the part where Jake went on the boat in the 40 degree weather cuz Nate did that exact thing when we went to Georgia for Christmas a couple years ago and froze as well! Good luck on your final, you'll do awesome! Hopefully we get to see you guys sometime soon!

The Lloyds said...

Kimmie! You need to blog. I am still waiting for Europe pictures!