Friday, August 6, 2010

Yep, I live here now.

I have moved to Sunny San Diego! In the four days that I have been here, I have turned into a beach bum already. I finish what I have to for the day, go home, put on my suit, and get in the car to go to the beach. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time there reading. I just need to get a beach chair now so that I can read cases while getting a tan.

I have to admit, I am already in love with this city and so happy that I moved here! I love sitting on my balcony at night and rocking in my rocking chair, listening to the waves as I lay on the beach, watching planes drop for landing 300 feet above me as I drive on the 5 or 163, being so excited to see another Mormon in the city (the cox guy that installed my internet was Mormon), not needing A/C or Heat, being able to walk everywhere downtown, having a teeny and hilarious looking dishwasher, and my new apartment in a high rise. I have been repeating over and over in my head how much I love it here, and then I remember "Yep, I live here now" and I get really excited. I do miss all of my family though. Every time I see a picture of one of my nephews I just wish that they were out here with me. I can never get enough of them.


I know that most of you won't make it out here to visit anytime soon, so Jake and I randomly creating an Apartment tour so you can see where we live. The video is too big to upload or it's just taking way too long to upload so you can look at it on youtube. Here is the link.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgW4GvAgFHo&feature=youtube_gdata

I picked up most of my required books for my classes yesterday. I ended up having to get a cardboard box to carry them all. Funny enough, the bookstore supplies them. $1,000 later (I still have more to buy, and this was the cheapest option) I got them in my car. I started driving down the road and the stupid seat belt beeper was going, but I had my seat belt on. I turn to look at the passenger seat and realize my books are so heavy the car thinks that a person is sitting there. In order to avoid the annoying beeping any longer, I buckled up my books!


I'm looking forward to this next week when I start school and Jake comes back into town. A new adventure awaits us and I can't wait until we are together again!

3 comments:

The Lloyds said...

That picture of your books made me laugh so hard! Good luck with school! The apartment is cute!

Ashlee Garn said...

For a small apartment, you made it look REALLY cute! I hope you love San Diego as much as you say! I fear you will live there the rest of your life :)

Paige said...

I love it! I think your books may fill up your whole apartment someday! Miss you guys.