WASHINGTON D.C.
For the 4th of July Jake, Shmani, Randall, and I went to Washington D.C. and I fell madly in love with the city! The only thing that I wasn't that fond of was the humidity. Now, I have lived in humidity before but nothing like this. The second you walk outside you start dripping in sweat. It was gross. We smelled pretty bad. Especially Randy and Jake. However, I attribute that more to "stomach issues" than sweat. haha.
The 4th was amazing in the city. We started out the day with a Declaration reading in front of the National Archives building. The people doing the reading were dressed up like various signers (George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, etc.). Following the reading we watched part of the parade. We skipped out on the last part of it because it was insanely hot and I swear every marching band in the US was in the parade. That night, we watched the fireworks from the lawn in front of the Washington Monument. It was epic. Despite our dumbass president I felt so proud to be an American. It is one thing that I think everyone should do before they die.
The next couple of days were spent touring the different monuments and buildings. The best part of the various tours was the Capitol building. The architecture alone is amazing, but then we got to see the different gathering rooms where the Senate and House meet. Unfortunately, no meetings were taking place since they were on break but when they are in session you can sit in with permission from your senator. I'm hoping I can make it back there just to do this.
The Thomas Jefferson and Abe Lincoln memorials were incredible! I didn't expect them to be so enormous. It had a chilling affect when you first saw them. Here are some pics of the trip....
Randy tried desperately to throw rocks at the White house but I assured him that he would probably be arrested if he tried. Also, it's a lot smaller than all of the movies and tv shows make it out to be. I'm surprised Obama hasn't added another wing to it.
Sadly, these are the only pictures that I took. I really need to get better at this whole picture taking thing. Luckily, we had Randall, but all of the pics that he took are on Jake's computer so I can't post any of them.
CHICAGO
Jake and I went to Chicago with For Every Home for their annual convention. Normally when we go to Puerto Rico either the event place sets everything up for us or the home party ladies do it. In this situation though, it was a buttload of work! It paid off though because the event was beautiful! Although I will be happy to never have to blow up another balloon in my life. Again, I didn't get many pics of the event but I got one of Jake in his biker gear trying to hide from the camera as he is presenting in a break out group.....
I am so proud of Jake. If all of you could see him at this event you would be too! He is so good with all of the ladies (hahahaha), and brilliant when it comes to selling the product/opportunity.
In my free time (Jake didn't have any) I ended up just walking around the city and exploring. I went to the Field Museum of Natural History while I was there. It was incredible! They had so many dinosaurs on display as well as Ancient Egyptian and African artifacts. I got some pics of the crazy dinosaurs.....
As I walked out of the museum I was astonished at the museum courtyard. They house three large museums in this courtyard.
After the convention was over, everyone wanted to relax and enjoy the rest of the time we had there. Kid Rock was coming to our hotel lounge on Friday night so of course Jake and I and a few other people that work at the FEB went. First of all, Kid Rock is gross. We saw him a couple times in our hotel and on the street as well as in this lounge. His buttcrack was showing half of the time, I swear he hadn't showered in days and he looked like he was permanently hung over. The only pic I got of him was in the lounge so it's not a very good one....
Sunday in Chicago was my last day with my mom before I moved. We went to lunch and hung out around the city that day. Since we were there and I had money to spare on my metro card, I made my mom and Paul get on the subway. hahaha. This was classic. My mom was terrified and was wondering if it was safe. I convinced her that it was but had to get proof otherwise no one would believe me that she got on the thing....
Chicago was a lot of fun. They were filming Transformers 3 outside of our hotel so we got to see all the cast blow stuff up. I even saw a bus that was flipped upside down and blown up. (They were trying to remove it from some alley way) My mom was freaking because she got to talk to McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) in an elevator. She asked him if he lives on Grey's Anatomy and he surprising told her (He lives). Thanks to my madre for letting me go to Chicago with everyone, it was a lot of fun!
Friday, August 6, 2010
Washington D.C. and Chicago
Posted by KimandJake at 7:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment