Before I started school, a lot of people asked me if I was nervous, and why. I normally responded with two answers. One, I was worried about the case load; and two, I was worried about my criminal law class. However, nearly everyone replied that my criminal law class would just be like watching an episode of Law and Order. I'm sorry to report that episodes of Law and Order in no way prepared me for my criminal law class.
Most of you know I am a pansy when it comes to action or terror, so imagine how I feel when I read criminal cases. I've only had one criminal law class and two reading assignments, but the readings make me want to vomit, and then cry, and then vomit again. It's so bad that I study for every subject but criminal law in the library. I save this stuff for the comfort of my own home so no one can see me this upset.
I'm reading about a case right now that is awful. A man, who was completely high on cocaine, entered a woman's apartment that she shared with her two year old, and three year old. He tried making "advances" on her, and she declined. So he pulled out a butcher knife and killed her and her two year old. The three year old survived miraculously. This story is already gruesome enough, but I have read about every detail imaginable about the scene and how they were murdered. (You don't even want to know how many times they were stabbed.)
I don't know how I am going to survive this class. Luckily, it's only a semester and not a year long. Say a prayer for me, because I might go crazy with this class.
BTW, this bastard was sentenced to the death for each count of murder, and 30 years for the boy's assault. Thank goodness.
3 comments:
CheeDawg........that's why I left criminal law!! I had to sit through the Lafferty case which was just as bad.
You are so smart! Look at you go. What an awesome thing you are doing Kim. I will put positive vibes out there for you to get through this class. TOUGH, but you can do it! And that is why we need good lawyers like you... to put these people away.
Oh Chee, you'll do great. Just keep reading about these psychos and be rightfully MAD, and then you'll be a kick-ass lawyer (pardon my french) in locking these bad guys away! Seriously moral and ethical dillemas have always been hard for me, but I know you'll be an expert at it.
Post a Comment