Jake and I are getting ready to move to San Diego and hoping to have our house rented out by the end of May before I quit my job. Most of the stuff we have listed for sale has gone pretty quickly. My house is starting to feel empty now. I thought I would be extremely excited for the new adventure in our lives but as it gets closer I am also starting to feel a little sad. I am leaving my first house with Jake behind, my family, my friends, and all of the memories here. As much as I rag on Utah, it has been a very good place to live.
Oddly enough, the thing that started this feeling was my car. The bet bet has been mine since I was 16, but we sold her a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even get to say goodbye! I was at work when Jake dropped her off to the new owner. Tear. There were so many memories with her. Our unforgettable girls trips, getting hit by an old lady, putting hand me down chains on her trying to make it up the canyon (very successful by the way even though we lost one on the way down), and you can't forget about how quiet she was. It was very useful for sneaking out of the house as a teenager. haha. Isn't she a beaut?
The point is, I'm going to miss Utah and mostly everyone here. However, you can't forget that when one chapter closes, another one is opened unless it's the end of the book and I'm dead. I have a lot to look forward to in San Diego. I'm excited to start law school, and to be living in the middle of Downtown. I can't wait for study sessions on the beach, and learning to surf and to scuba dive. It will be an adventure!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
A chapter closing...
Posted by KimandJake at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so excited for you! I think these kind of chapter openings are the scariest, but luckily you have your honey with you and so I know it's going to be alright, if not amazing. I'm so glad we get to keep in touch through blogging! Good luck! :)
I have to say I'm a little sad about your car! We had some good times in her! Best of luck on your new adventure!
The truth comes out now......you really did sneak out in high school. Good thing I didn't know then.
You know you will miss us CheeDawg. Never too late to change your mind and stay here in Utah with your mudda:)
Becky you probably don't know half the stuff we did, so if you ever want to talk you let me know! Kim that's weird you sold your car-but don't you worry I still have all the video tapes from high school!
This made me so sad!!! I am so excited for you and your new adventure, but it hit me reading this that now you are going to be far away!!!! I love you!! We were in Orem last weekend and I asked Adam to drive by your old house, I don't even know why, but I just wanted to see it!!! I love you! Can't wait to see you at the BBQ!
P.S.-That car will always be my favorite!! Good good times!
You're gonna have tons of fun in Cali Chee. We will all miss you like crazy though. It's gotta be hard living in a naked house right now where all your memories started. Just remember you'll always be our "bestie". Love ya!!
I miss you at work alread : (
Who am I suppose to talk to about our TV show obsession... glee, the city...
I saw Sex and the City, but you weren't there to talk to. I was so bummed, but i hope everything is going well for you.
Post a Comment