Sunday, November 15, 2009

Church

Our ward has been growing like crazy since they have developed Daybreak. In fact, our ward has already split twice and is about to split again. The development has been attracting mainly younger families, which means TONS of little kids. They have split the primary into the Younger Primary and Older Primary because they cannot fit all of the kids in the primary room. Now, imagine what Sacrament meeting looks like. There are little kids running everywhere, coloring, playing with toys, and screaming. Normally you can't really even pay attention to the speaker because some kid is doing something entertaining in front of you. That leads me to what happened today in church.

Jake and I are usually about 5 minutes late to church every week. It's weird how I can be at work at 7 a.m. but can't get my butt out of bed for church at 9 a.m. Call me crazy. This means that we are always sitting in the gym on hard seats. We walk in today and sit a couple rows up from the back. Two families follow us in and one sits in front of us, and the other directly behind us. About thirty minutes into the service, I see the woman in front of me scrambling to catch her little girl. I thought maybe she had fallen or something so I turn to look at the kid. There is throw up all over the floor, all over her and her mom, and a huge string of throw up hanging from her mouth. I honestly almost threw up looking at it. Her mom quickly rushes her out of the room and the dad follows to get some napkins to clean it up. The problem came right when the dad started cleaning up the throw up. The nasty acidic stench started to descend upon us and I see Jake turn white. He sat there for ten minutes and then whispered that he needed to step out to the bathroom or he was going to throw up. There was only ten minutes left of sacrament so I told him I'd stay. Bad choice.

After Jake left I hear the family in back of us start to get fussy. I didn't think anything of it because this is a normal occurrence in our ward. However, the little boy directly behind me stands up and sneezes. Of course he didn't cover his mouth which meant spit ended up all over my neck. I wiped my neck with my hand and brought it in front of my face so I could see how bad the damage was. It was as though someone had spit a huge logy into my hand. Again, I almost threw up. At this point, I couldn't handle anymore children's fluids so Jake and I went home. Now Jake is downstairs on the couch still sick, and I am going to shower. What an amazing day at church.

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOO sick and wrong!! How sad!

Shirley said...

Gross! I'm worried about all of that when we move to Spanish Fork. There are only like three babies in our ward now, so it's a lot harder to get sick at church. I really hope I don't have a child like that, not that they can REALLY control it, but gross! Sorry!

Stephanie said...

hey, this is stephanie west (i'm not weird i promise, even though i'm clearly looking at your blog and i don't think you know me), i'm assuming i'm in your ward because i found your blog from the daybreak divas blog. haha anyway, that is a really funny post and i think the girl who threw up in front of you was natalie's daughter. she was choking on a starburst real bad and ended up throwing up because of it. it's always different when you don't have kids 'cause i used to get SUPER grossed out about anything kids did but then i had one and i get less grossed out. anyway, funny, but gross stories.

The Lloyds said...

That is way gross!! We only have little babies in our ward, so the throw up is'nt too gross lol

Anonymous said...

I remember when Dani threw up in the car on the way home from church when we were going up to the San Felipe Building. I thought I would not make it home without being sick. Jacob volunteered to clean up the car when we got home. So somewere in that man is a heart of gold and a tougher stomach.

Devin said...

ha. i just laughed.

and laughed.

and laughed!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh my goodness. I'm sick just reading that. I don't even know what else to say!