Ok so Kim has been bugging me to post on the blog for over a week now so if I want to have a place to sleep tonight that is not the couch I guess i better. June 27th myself and a friend a work competed in the MS 100 Bike race in Logan. The race basically takes you from Logan up to Preston Idaho and then back in a giant loop. Total distance was 100 miles for you smart people who were unable to determine it from the title of this post. Going into the race I was pretty confident until the night before when I met the other people who we would be riding with the next day. Everyone but myself had competed professionally in several other races. I felt so out of place. As we started the race my nerves calmed and i just focused on riding through it. Surprisingly I kept the pace line with the group the entire 100 miles and actually finished ahead of most of the group. It was such a great feeling and a major accomplishment. All in all my buddies computer read an average pace of 21 mph through the entire race. Very fast indeed. Anyway i had a great time and have found a new sport I love. I initially bought my road bike to compete in triathlons but I am excited that I am now doing both. I will be riding in the Tour de Park City on August 1st, a total of 170 miles from Park city to Evanston Wyoming and back. I am very excited. I am also competing in the world famous LOTOJA in September. Wish me luck. We will try and get the photos of the race up soon.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
MS 100
Posted by KimandJake at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way proud of you!!
Where are the pictures? I want proof!
Post a Comment