Jake got banned from doing my laundry forever, today. Why do you say? It's not one particular situation, it's two! haha.
So last week, he put a load of darks in the washer. He didn't sort the laundry first, but just started throwing clothes in the washer that looked like darks. I go to switch the laundry and find by favorite white tank top. Sadly, it had turned blue. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Granted, it took two cycles with a ton of bleach to get it white again. I just told him, "honey, you need to sort the laundry first and ensure that you are putting the correct clothes in the washer". He just rolled his eyes and said, "Ok honey".
I figured he would listen and sort the laundry in the future. Today, he threw a load of whites in the washer. I hear it buzz and go upstairs to change the laundry. As I start switching the clothes, I notice a black tank top mixed in with the whites. I started frantically pulling out the entire load to see if anything had turned another color. Luckily, he didn't include bleach and everything was fine. This time, I was a little mad. I yelled from the laundry room, "Darrell!" (That's what I call him when I"m mad). I just hear this, "yes honey?" from downstairs. He knew he was in trouble. I held out the black tank top and asked, "What's this?" He of course replies that he has no idea. I explained what happened and he apologized and told me he would sort the laundry in the future.
I went back upstairs and put another load of laundry in. I went back into our room and sorted all of the laundry into whites, darks, and colors, in their own baskets. By this time I had calmed down and went back downstairs. I went and sat in front of him with my head in front of the T.V. so he couldn't see. We decided to make a deal......He would never do my laundry again, but I had to put the weights away when I was done with them. When I'm watching T.V. I'll grab a couple of weights and lift them so I'm not slowly getting the body of a couch potato. Sometimes, I forget to put them away. Jake will walk downstairs, not paying attention to where he is going and stub his toe on them. He obviously gets a little mad at me.
I agreed to the terms and then sat down next to him so he could see the T.V. I started thinking....."If I accidently leave the weights out, does that mean he is going to do my laundry on purpose?" I think I definitely got the short end of the stick on our "deal".
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Laundry
Posted by KimandJake at 6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
lol, yeah I would have to agree with you. You get to do laundry and put away your weights... awesome!
You could always make him do the laundry and everytime he ruins something of yours you get to do the same to something of his lol and congrats on finishing the race Jake!
I think he should have just had to buy you new tank tops, and fold all the clothes for a month!
Ha ha ha! I was complaining to Paige about this a few weeks ago. Devin is banned from doing the laundry too because he will wash dry clean things only or he will dry things that shouldn't be. I have like 5 favorite things that are totally ruined because of it. It's just funny to hear it happens to other people too!
Lol, this is funny. My husband is never sure where the yellow clothes should go. :)
Post a Comment