Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Amazing!

So who would have thought that a rodeo meant motocross bikers? I surely didn't! I didn't think anyone would believe me so I got pictures....

Bull Riding...


This isn't a very good picture but he is doing a back flip in this pic. It was amazing! He did it a couple of times.


There were two motocross bikers and for one of their final jumps they jumped together. It was so cool! This makes me want to go to the X games or the Dew tour. It would be so awesome!


Jake and I have been working out everyday after work. He wants to do triathlons and I would really like to run in a half marathon/full marathon. I came home from work early a couple of days ago and decided to go for a run. I thought that this time I would try and really challenge myself since I had been doing small runs on the treadmill. I grabbed my iPod and started running to the temple. It's roughly a 3 mile run and half of it is uphill. I can proudly say that I ran the entire time and didn't stop to walk once!! It was the most amazing run ever! When I got to the temple I decided to take some pictures of the view up there. It is definitely one of the prettiest places I know of.









There is a half marathon in San Francisco on November 1st and a full marathon on December 13th in Honolulu. I'm wanting to do one of these, it just depends on how much running I can accomplish these next couple of months. I want to start off with a half marathon and make sure that I can survive that! If I do then the next step will be a marathon! I've always wanted to run in a marathon but have never done anything about it. I tried to convince my family to do it with me. hahahaha. They thought about it for roughly 1/2 a second before they said Nope! Looks like I'm on my own!

Jake has been doing really good training for triathlons. We bought him a road bike this past month and he has been in heaven! I think he went a little out of control with training for a while. He would run to the gym, workout, run to the pool, swim laps, run home, grab his bike, and go for a bike ride! Craziness! He is riding in the MS100 this Saturday in Logan. He will ride 100 miles around Logan starting at 7 a.m. He's hoping that he can finish in under 6 hours. The most he has done thus far is about 40 miles. He did pretty well and is hoping that he can ride the entire 100 miles. I'm going to go up with him and get lots of pictures. He's like a little kid at Christmas, he is so excited for this race.

If he is not careful he may be laid up for a few weeks. His cyst on his tailbone has flaired back up, which means he may need to have surgery again to get it removed. He is trying to hold off as long as possible because he doesn't want to put a damper in his summer plans. We will see if he can avoid it!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

I envy people like you! :) I hate running and I'll only do it to lose weight. Maybe if I tried to do it for fun, I'll lose weight in the process. That's awesome you're able to run to the temple. We were looking at a Condo around there. If we buy it, we'd be close and I could run with you! and maybe, just maybe, do a marathon too! A huge maybe. :)

The Lloyds said...

I wish I had the diciplne you guys have! insted I sit on my butt doing nothing. Good job guys and good luck jake!

Nikki and Denton said...

WOW!!! I am not jealous of you one bit I love sitting in my house on my butt watching TV, but I am very proud of you both. What rodeo did you go to? I'm jealous! Jake good luck this weekend! I'm sorry to hear about your butt flairing up again, I bet that is very painful! Make sure kim is at your beck-n-call 24/7! Love you guys!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

I just finished off a huge cinnamon roll all by myself and that is what I call discipline! But seriously Reed has ran in the St. George marathon and it is such an awesome accomplishment! Good Luck! What temple is that I don't recognize it?

KimandJake said...

Melinda- It's the Oquirrh Mountain temple. They just built it near our house, they haven't even dedicated it yet. How did Reed train for the marathon? Does he have any tips? I need as many as I can get! haha.