Thursday, July 9, 2009

Best Eyes Ever!

I went to the eye doctor today cause my contacts have been burning my eyes. They ran the works on me! They tested my eye pressure, they numbed my eyes and put these pieces of paper in my eyes to test my tears, prodded at my eyes, and shined countless lights at them. It was intense. I always knew that my eyes sucked, but it turns out that they suck even worse than I had expected.

The reason my contacts have been burning is because I have dry eye syndrome. Living in Utah makes this even worse. (Another reason to move out of Utah!). In order to produce more tears I have to eat 2 tablespoons of flax seeds in the morning and then at night swallow 2 salmon oil capsules. Also, rather than use normal contact solution I have to use this special kind. I have to follow the instructions very carefully otherwise I will burn my eyes! Intense!! The pictures are posted below of my contact case.....







On top of dry eye syndrome I have glaucoma. Which is an old person disease. The doctor was shocked I had it. It just means that something is screwy with the eye pressure. At the end of the visit I asked what my eyesight was. His response, "Are you sure you want to know? It may scare you." It surprised me he said this, but I still wanted to know. Turns out my left eye is 20/200 and my right eye is 20/150. hahahahaha. He said that without contacts or eyeglasses I would be considered legally blind! To be honest, the first thing I thought was, "Sweet, I can get a handicap sticker". LOL. Normal people would be scared or shocked, I just thought it was funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to use that kind of solution too! I hate contacts. I actually really like this solution though. I was having a lot of problems with my contacts until I switched to this kind of solution. Oh man, I sound like an add for clear care!!

The Lloyds said...

I used to use that case and it had like 3 different solutions that i had to use with it, then i got lazy and cheap and stoped using that one :)