Sunday, July 6, 2008

San Francisco

Jake and his best friend Nate went to California a couple weekends ago to visit his family and go wakeboarding. I thought I would be ok without him but when he left I wanted to go too! We are supposed to get a free ticket to anywhere with our credit card so I called Delta to inquire about it. However, they informed me that they had entered something in their system wrong and I wouldn't be able to get the ticket for a couple of days. Obviously, this wouldn't work. I called my dad because he has a million frequent flier miles and it wouldn't cost that many to go to San Francisco. It worked out that I was able to go! Now, I felt bad that Nate's wife wouldn't be able to go so I called Delta again and claimed that a family member had died and the funeral was that Saturday so I needed that free ticket asap! Delta felt bad because they had screwed up so they gave me enough frequent flier miles to buy a ticket for Trisha! I was so excited that we both got to go!

Once we got out there we went wakeboarding all day on their new boat. I have never be able to get up wakeboarding before and figured this time wouldn't be any different, but Jake's dad was determined to get me up. On like the 3rd or 4th time I got up! Apparently getting up was the only thing holding me back because once I did get up, I was going in and out of the wake. It was a lot of fun, the last time I felt brave and decided I was going to jump the wake. This probably was not the smartest idea, I ended up taking a pretty bad fall, the board came off my feet, and I hit my head pretty hard. It was fun though!

On our way home Jake's dad played tour guide and showed us around San Francisco. We walked on the bridge, saw the chocolate square, the financial district, and looked at all the beautiful houses there! I got some pictures of us on the bridge. I want to move there so bad!


0 comments: