Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We had a really good Fourth of July. After work on Thursday we went down to Provo to meet up with our friends. We ended up spending most of the night riding around on our bikes and saving a spot for their family on the parade route. About 2 a.m. we went to their house in Springville to get some sleep because Jake and I ran a 5K that morning. We got about 4 hours of sleep, we almost didn't get out of bed because we were so tired! But we got up and made our way down to the start line. I'm really glad that we did it because I felt so good once the race was over. I love running, it clears your head and gives you lots of endorphins! Once we finished the race, we went and crashed for a couple of hours at Nate and Trish's house. That afternoon we had a barbeque, and then went and floated the Provo River. I wish we had pictures of this because it was so funny to see us doing this! We bought these little dinky rafts from Wal-Mart for 10 bucks that held two people. First of all the water was freezing, and second we kept hitting these waves that put lots of water in our raft! My butt was numb by the time we got out of that water but it was so much fun. The only bad thing that happened while we were floating was Jake lost his wedding ring! Luckily, guys wedding rings aren't that expensive.

That night we went to the Stadium of Fire. I know it's the typical cheeseball thing to do in Provo, but it was lots of fun! Jake was so cute, because he started crying during the soldiers speeches and when they were reunited with their family. It was such a good show and luckily we did take some pictures of this. It was such a good day, I'm just grateful that I have Jake to spend it with!



2 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

Hi Kim! Remember that one time we floated down the Provo River, just us girls? And we were complete idiots? That was one crazy adventure! I'm glad to hear you guys made it out alive!

Jessica said...

I am so glad that I ran into you guys before the race on the Fourth!! oh how I miss you!! I am glad you had a wonderful day, and we need to get together SOON!!!