I've officially been at Fidelity for a month now. I'm loving it more and more everyday. I finished the first training segment today and received the training schedule for the next couple of months. I go to work and study for the Series 7. They pay me to study. However, my mentors don't think that will be enough time! Crazy!!!!! I have to reread all the books a couple of times, take quizzes and tests after each section, (the scores get reported to our managers) and then we have a couple midterms and 15 final exams!! I swear this is worse than school. I will have studied for a total of at least 500 hours before I take the exam. No wonder why Fidelity has such a high passing rate! I've heard if you can make it through their licensing stage, you can pretty much get hired on anywhere. I hope that's true!
I'm also in school right now as well. I'm only taking two classes but I'm not sure how well I'm going to do in them with everything going on. To be honest, I'm just hoping for C's. I just want to graduate and get the hell out of there! As for Jake, he is doing awesome in school. I think he will pull off a 4.0 this semester. Which means he's on track to graduate in April! He's loving it so much, he's even talking about graduate school.
Some sad news to report. Today I found out that my grandpa took a bad fall and has a black eye and a cut up lip. The doctor was nervous about it because this is the 3rd time it's happened in the last couple of months. He did an MRI, and found a brain tumor. That is what has been causing him to have dizziness and lose his sense of balance. The good news is, it's not cancerous. The bad news, it's not operable. Apparently, what they do at this point is go in and drain the fluid in the tumor but leave the bulk of it in there. This will help with all the dizziness. It was the worst time for it to happen because he fell when he was at the cemetery visiting my grandma's grave. I'll keep you updated on the news!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Update on Life
Posted by KimandJake at 11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kimchee dude why study so much, like who seriously studies? You guys need to get a life! HAHA just kidding I miss giving you crap all the time. Keep up the good work buddy I'm proud of you! Love ya
I hope things are going okay with all that studying!! I am so sorry about your grandpa-this is weird, my grandma was just diagnosed with a brain tumor this last week as well. hers is not cancerous either, but still scary! You and your family will be in my prayers! I love and miss you!
Chi-dog
I'm glad I ran into your blog. you sound like you are doing great! I am so happy that you have love being married and you two are so on top of things! :)
Post a Comment