For the fourth of July Nate and Trish came with us to San Diego. It was tons of fun, we got to see 5 different firework shows all from the balcony. It was freaking rad. I love California. They have good fireworks and warm weather, a beach and lots of different types of people! hahaha. I'm not pulling to move to California or anything. Sadly I didn't take any pictures, no surprise there.
Jake's family came in to Midway from all over the west coast. We had a little family reunion for a couple of days on the Mulder side. It makes me laugh when all of the Mulder boys get together. They are a crazy bunch, but you can tell that they really love and miss their Dad/Grandpa/Husband. Jake showed a video that the family put together for his 70th birthday a couple of years ago. Every time that Jake's grandpa is talked about or looked at through pictures he gets choked up. This makes me just cry! I didn't even get the chance to meet him, but he helped Jake become the man he is today. From the stories that I have heard, he was an incredible man of true faith and had a passion for helping others. I look forward to the day when I can finally meet him.
We went to Lake Powell for a couple of days with the Yarbroughs. They have a house boat down there and were kind enough to invite us down. It was my first time down there and it was a lot of fun. We wakeboarded tons, hiked, and relaxed lots. Shmani and Randall took tons of pics but I sadly only took one. Although I'm glad I got this one...
We think his hat originated from Mexico. To top it off he put this striped towel around his shoulders to make it look like a poncho. He had an incredible look while we were down there.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
The 4th, family reunion, and Powell
Posted by KimandJake at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so nice to go to Lake Powell on a houseboat! Isn't it awesome? I love it there. We usually go every year, but aren't this year because of Ryan. We're going to Sand Hollow in St. George instead. Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm jealous. :) Hope you had fun!
It was way fun! I miss it already! Anywho you can refur people to our blog for pics, we have lots of you guys! Miss ya!
You are so lucky to be a part of the Mulder fam. They are so awesome and we love them! I didn't know Uncle Jake or Grandpa very well but how could you not love him. He was a funny, good guy. Hope you are having a great summer!
Post a Comment