Monday, February 6, 2012

Older and Fatter Every Day

Due to the fact that gravity is not kind as I get older, I felt it somewhat important to write about my astute observations at this point in my life. I am turning 29 years old next month and I think I am starting to have a mid-life crisis. It is slowly dawning on me that I am no longer the teenager I once was who never got hurt, had hair and always looked great in a swim suit. Since the new year, I have been on a hell bent goal to restore my health and physique to the way it was in high school. While daunting as it may be, I am confident that I can do it. I was talking to Kim the other day and was reminiscing about how I looked in a certain set of pictures during summer vacation in high school. My wife kindly reminded me that I no longer look like that and that I need to stop living in the past and start acting. She is most definitely correct. So as I write this, I am putting down the fork and hitting the gym. I have a another triathlon to compete in this March and come hell or high water I will be in good shape for our week long cruise later this spring. If anyone out there would like to give me encouragement, your positive comments are more than welcome. However if you wish to make a fat joke, I politely ask you refrain as my delicate but yet narcissistic psyche can not handle it and I would then most likely end up looking like Ben Stiller at the end of the Dodgeball movie. Until next time, or until Kim decides to delete this post and make me write about something else,

Jake

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that picture, but that boy was not the man you are! Good luck on your tri and training. You have always achieved the things that are important to you!