Thursday, August 18, 2011

New York and Recent life...

I finished summer semester and my internship so I had a 6 day break before fall semester started. Jake and I decided to make use of this time and went to New York! Now, I lived in New York for a summer, and have always waned to move back. However, Jake has never wanted to live on the east coast so we compromised that we would just frequent New York. After this last trip though, I think I may have finally converted him to the fabulousness of New York.

Our only plan was to run through central park, walk through the all of the fabulous neighborhoods and shops, visit with friends, and just relax. On Friday we met up with my old roomie, Tiffany. We were going to go on a dinner sunset cruise but it ended up selling out quickly, so we just went to one of my favorite restaurants in Midtown, the stage deli. Imagine thanksgiving dinner for $20 whenever you want it. Amazing! For old time sake, we went to Times Square. I HATE times square. All these stupid tourists walking around, not paying attention, and they all seem to have large cameras around their necks. Annoying. But, I have to admit it is immensely good people watching.


One of the best things about New York is that there are some amazing neighborhoods. Jake and I walked the entire island through literally every neighborhood on manhattan. I think this is the thing that finally converted Jake to New York. Our favorite? Greenwich Village. After walking through this neighborhood, Jake was looking on craigslist for rental rates in the area. Pretty good, eh? One of the things I never got to do while I was living there was walking across Brooklyn Bridge. It was on my list of things to do with Jake while we were there. Funny enough, there was a photo shoot going on while we walked across it, but that didn't stop us. It's part of New York's charm. We couldn't go to New York and not stop to see the progress on the Freedom Tower. it gives me the chills every time I go down there. I heard so many tragic experiences while I lived there that nearly every time I'm near the site I get teary eyed.






Both of us are runners, so we had to run through Central Park. This was one of my favorite things to do while I was living there. Jake loved it too! It's amazing that you have this huge city with high rises all around so you can't even see the stars, yet you come to Central Park and it is this huge sanctuary in the middle of this mess. It's the best of both worlds.





We also did some serious shopping while we were there. There are so many little vintage shops around that are cheap. Thus, we went kind of crazy. Jake got some cute new shoes and Tees. I finally went out on a limb and got a fedora! I love it...




We met up with my other friend, Toni Honi, while we there. She took us to a fabulous breakfast place on the lower east side. Missed her!

Before we went to New York, Jake was in Tennessee for the home party convention. He flew home right after my last final. Ana banana and I thought it would be funny to pick him with a sign and balloons from the airport. We love embarrassing him! haha. I need to explain the sign though. I call jake "love bug". Banana thought it was inappropriate for her to also call him love bug, so instead she calls him "lady bug". After our final, we ran to the store, grabbed balloons, and stole a tax poster from the society to decorate. We definitely surprised him! It was awesome.




After the summer semester was over I went out with a few friends from school to say farewell to Naz. Girls day should be required, I love these girls! Don't we look hilarious? By the way, when they said funny photo, I didn't know what to do. Has law school taken away my funniness? I'm a little nervous I'm just a square now!



I've also had a few visitors this summer. My bestie buddy, Nickelcrack, came to visit! I loved having her here! She somehow survived crashing on my couch. I don't know how she did it. I miss her so much!!! She took all of the pics, so these are the only ones I have...(yes, that is her doing my dishes. She wouldn't stop. So i concluded that that was her "fee" for staying with us. bahahah)




My dubs also came to visit! They have been here twice now. They came once with us in March, and then again this summer with Weeny, Jason, and Jason's kids. One of the hardest things about being away from family is not being able to see these guys, my doodle, and my little Ainslie grow up. Every time I see them, they are so much bigger than the last time I saw them. So sad!!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have all the fun. Can't wait for you to brung the fun our way. See you soon